A time for fun, sun, rooftop parties, and most importantly fresh music. Here at Culture Mag, we know the importance of having a solid music playlist in rotation for all of your summer activities and we’re here to provide you with it! We’ve compiled over 2 hours of our favorite music from 2017 to keep you movin’, groovin’, and Milly Rockin’ for the rest of the summer and into the fall.
Check it out below:
Daryll’s Top 5 from the playlist:
- Calvin Harris ft. Frank Ocean & Migos – Slide
- I can’t even lie, I’m a Frank Ocean stan. To me, every record he’s heavily featured on is great. So with my Frank stan-ness, Calvin’s A1 production, and the Migos, Slide is just one of those records that I can’t not groove to when it comes on.
- French Montana ft. Swae Lee – Unforgettable
- Arguably the biggest hit of the summer, and definitely the biggest hit of French’s career, Unforgettable rides Swae Lee’s vocals and the island-vibe all the way to the top. 311 million plays; need I say more?
- Playboi Carti – Magnolia
- It’s ironic how there’s a record called Milly Rock, which originated the Milly Rock dance, yet Magnolia is the one that’s synonymous with Milly Rocking. Bonus bars: In LA I Milly Rock (whew), driving drop-top (whew), the Culture we don’t stop (whew) #barz.
- Vince Staples – Big Fish
- Put your imagination hat on. Is it on? K, now listen. Imagine you’re in a Hollywood club on the dance floor with the squad, but the DJ isn’t really playing anything great. The energy is mediocre at best but its now time for the DJ to switch with the next guy. Intelligently, the new DJ plays Big Fish and boom, it’s instantly lit. That’s the type of record Big Fish is.
- PARTYNEXTDOOR – Low Battery
- This is my sleeper pick, and I’d really like to know why Low Battery isn’t getting the play it deserves because the pre-chorus is f*cking amazing.
Mayam’s top 5 from the playlist:
- Sango – A Chamada (Ritmo Muleke)
- Spotify actually served me this song in one of my “Discover Weekly” playlists (listen to them, ya’ll) and I was hooked right away. I have no idea what the lyrics are saying, but I know that I cannot stop feeling myself when it plays and neither will you.
- Lana Del Rey ft. A$AP ROCKY & Playboi Carti – Summer Bummer
- Oh Lana, aren’t we supposed to be single during the summer? I never knew I wanted an undercover Summer Lover until now. Just listen to this slow banger and feel the feels.
- Luis Fonsi, Daddy Yankee, Justin Bieber – Despacito
- This has to be included because it is the most streamed song ever, I teach Zumba to it, and it still makes every girl stand up and dance whenever it comes on.
- Cardi B – Bodak Yellow
- “Lil’ b*tch, you can’t f*ck with me, if you wanted to.” Cardi entered an elite group of female rappers with Bodak. 1 of 3 (ever) to reach Billboard’s Hot 100 top 30 (Nicki Minaj, and Yung M.A.) without any features.
- DJ Khaled ft. Rihanna, Bryson Tiller – Wild Thoughts
- This is 100% self-explanatory.